Boards & Commissions
The City of Redmond has nine different boards and commissions that are comprised of volunteers assisting the City in advisory roles. Board member and commissioner terms typically come due in the spring; however, openings can occur at any time due to other factors.

If you are interested in serving on a board or commission, you may submit an application by accessing the community service application link below. Community service applications are also available through the Mayor's Office (425-556-2101).

Community Service Application

Current Vacancies

For information on open positions, please click on the Community Service Application icon above.

Youth Advocate Positions on Boards and Commissions

Redmond teenagers interested in helping with issues regarding parks, trails, or the arts in Redmond are encouraged to learn more about volunteer involvement as a Youth Advocate. Two City Commissions, the Arts Commission and the Parks and Trails Commission, appoint Youth Advocates for a one-year term. Youth interested in serving may contact the staff person listed on the respective Commission pages linked above.

Human Services Commission Seeks Youth Advisor 

High school and college aged youth who live or attend school in Redmond are encouraged to apply for one of two youth advisor positions on the Human Services Commission. Youth advisors should have a strong interest in the issues, a willingness to learn, and the ability to present a youth perspective in all human services decision making. Human Services encompasses a broad spectrum issues including housing, hunger, health care, counseling, domestic violence, and family support.
To apply, complete this community service application and either email it to or mail to the Human Services Division, City of Redmond, PO Box 97010, Redmond, WA 98073-9710. A copy of the community service application is also available at the Human Services Division on the fourth floor of City Hall.