156th Ave NE Street Overlay
156th Avenue NE between NE 28th Street and NE 51st Street (excluding the section between NE 36th Street and NE 40th Street)
Current Project Activities:
Project has been advertised and bids opened. Construction is estimated to start in late June.
Project is estimated to begin in June and be completed in fall 2014.
John Mork, 425-556-2723
This project will prolong the life of the pavement on 156th Avenue NE between NE 28th Street and NE 51st Street, as well as improve serviceability by decreasing noise, improving drainage, and reducing maintenance costs.
This federally-funded project will rehabilitate approximately 1 mile of 156th Avenue NE. Construction includes:
- Repairing fatigued pavement areas,
- Construction curb ramps to current standards,
- Installing conduit for a future pedestrian crossing
- Resurfacing the roadway curb to curb with hot mix asphalt,
- Lane rechannelization,
- Signal loop replacements, and
- Replacing damaged and deteriorated stormwater pipe.
Project funds include a grant from the Federal Highway Administration.