2016 Arts Season Grant Application now available
Applications due on MONDAY, NOVEMBER 16, 2015 at 5:00 PM PST
The City of Redmond seeks proposals for quality cultural and/or art programs for the 2016 Redmond Arts Season, which runs March through September 2016.
ABOUT THE REDMOND ARTS SEASON
The Redmond Arts Season is a grant program that supports quality arts and cultural programs that are accessible to Redmond residents and visitors throughout the year in order to:
• Produce a thriving arts scene in Redmond: Local artists and organizations feel supported and validated
• Cultivate a creative environment: Safe and encouraging environment for artists at all levels
• Provide inclusivity: Connections and partnerships across Redmond’s diverse community
The City of Redmond provides support and resources to help connect Redmond’s diverse community and develop our creative community. This includes any one or a combination of the following resources to meet these goals:
• Project support grants up to $5000
• City of Redmond venue(s), dependent on availability
• Coordinated communications marketing, and outreach activities by City of Redmond staff members
Any group or individual offering cultural arts programming in Redmond, WA, between March 1, 2016 and September 30, 2016. Individuals and groups are required to obtain a Redmond business license and may be required to obtain liability insurance.
(1) Quality Project: Provide a clear, well-conceived, authentic relationship to the community, and promotes arts participation and community relations.
(2) Feasibility & Quality of Past Work: The organization/individual has a proven track record of presenting this and/or other programs and/or demonstrated ability to produce the program (or programs similar); evidence of community involvement and support; and clear realistic budget for the event.
(3) Public Benefit: Project plan describes meaningful efforts to create community participation and reach diverse and underserved audiences.
(4) Match: Strong applications identify matching funds, outside organizational support, in-kind donations or volunteer hours as part of the budget.
• October 6, 2015 Open Call
• November 16, 2015 Application deadline
• December 14, 2015 Selections announced
• By September 30, 2016 Offer public program(s)
Please contact Jessica Rubenacker, Arts Coordinator, if you have any questions about the 2016 Arts Season Grant Program at 425.556.2367 or firstname.lastname@example.org