Be Prepared for a Disaster
Check out local preparedness campaigns for checklists, hazard information, tips, and other resources:
Make it Through
Take Winter by Storm
How do you prepare for a disaster? What emergency supplies do you need? Know how to build and maintain a supply kit and where to store items:
Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Ready.gov
We all have someone who depends on us...children, elders, pets, employers. They depend on us to be there in an emergency. Are you ready? Learn how to be a dependable resource to your family, your employer, your neighborhood, and your community.
Prepare Your Home
Develop A Family Plan
Plan for Disabilities, Children, Animals, and more
Establish a Family Communication Plan and Out-of-Area Contacts
Register for Redmond Ready Day
Be prepared for the unexpected. Learn what to do to keep yourself and others safe. Take advantage of a great discounted price for First Aid and CPR certification - $25.
Redmond Ready Day features a two-hour class in personal preparedness and certification in First Aid and CPR. Information tables covering various aspects of preparedness and volunteer opportunities will be available. Register early, first come, first served. Space is limited. Attendance is required for the full day.
- Date: Saturday, January 23, 2016; 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Check-in begins at 8:30 am
- Location: Fire Station 17, 16917 NE 116 St, Redmond
- Reminder: Bring your own lunch.
- Registration must be received by Thursday, January 21, 2016 and is non-refundable.
- If special accommodations are required, contact Janeen Olson at firstname.lastname@example.org before January 11, 2016.
- Register online through the Redmond Parks & Rec system (Course # 67224) or mail the completed registration form (Adobe PDF) along with a check for $25.00 payable to "City of Redmond" to the address on the form.
Instructor time is being donated by Redmond Citizen Corps Council (RCCC) volunteers and facilitated by the Redmond Office of Emergency Management (OEM), resulting in a significa